Frequently Asked Questions About Total Comfort’s HVAC Services
We understand that substandard work is a genuine concern for many homeowners in St. Paul, Minneapolis, and Kansas City. At Total Comfort, we prioritize our core values of honesty, integrity, accountability, and professionalism to ensure our customers are satisfied with the services we provide. We’re proud to say we’ve also received two national awards for our quality installations and service.
Trust our technicians with all of your heating, cooling, and air purification needs. Contact us today to get started.
1. Question: If I Purchased New Equipment for My Home, How Long Will It Take for You to Get to My Installation Appointment?
Answer: We can often get you up and running the same day. In most cases, you never need to wait longer than a day unless you want to schedule a later installation date. In any event, we strive to ensure our clients are never left without heating or air conditioning overnight.
2. Question: Do You Recycle All My Old Air Conditioning Equipment and Refrigerant?
Answer: Yes, we do. We transport any equipment we remove from your home directly to a local recycling company.
3. Question: Do You Use Your Own Installation Specialists, or Do You Hire Subcontractors?
Answer: We employ certified technicians for all HVAC-related jobs. For any electrical work that is beyond our capability, we will hire a local licensed electrician.
4. Question: Besides My Equipment Warranty, What Other Guarantees Do You Provide?
Answer: We offer a one-year buy-back guarantee. For up to one year, if you’re unsatisfied with your home’s new heating and cooling system and cannot effectively repair the unit, we’ll remove the equipment and refund you.
5. Question: What Brands Do You Sell? Why?
Furnace and Air Conditioning Systems:
- Trane (Recommended for reliability and performance)
- Various other manufacturers are available upon request.
Indoor Air Quality and Specialty Equipment:
- Desert Springs
- Guardian Air
6. Question: How Do You Calculate the Correct Size for My Replacement Equipment?
Answer: Unlike many other HVAC service providers, we conduct a heat load calculation. Our technicians are trained to perform a precise heat load analysis of your home and then provide you with a printout of the results. We believe it’s the only guaranteed way to achieve an optimal comfort solution for your home.
7. Question: Is There a Way to Compare My Old Equipment to New, High-Efficiency Equipment?
Answer: Yes! After performing the heat load calculation, we can provide a computerized energy analysis that shows you a comparison of several systems and their approximate operating costs.
8. Question: Do You Guarantee My New HVAC Equipment Will Perform as Efficiently as Claimed?
Answer: Yes, we’re one of the few local HVAC service providers who are ComfortMAX certified through the National Comfort Institute. We offer efficiency testing and verification for all new high-efficiency equipment to ensure that every component of your new system, including equipment, ducts, grilles, registers, and accessory components like air cleaners and humidifiers, performs as promised.
Our trained technicians analyze your home’s system, identifying any problem areas that could compromise your system’s efficiency, your home’s comfort, or your family’s health.